Bantham Beach is a beautiful sandy beach located near Kingsbridge in Devon. Here are some interesting facts that will make you want to visit:
- Bantham Beach is one of Devon's premier beaches, and it's easy to see why. The beach is surrounded by stunning scenery, including rolling hills and the estuary of the River Avon.
- The beach is owned by Evans Estates (1956) Limited, a private limited company that also owns most of the village of Bantham, including 40 homes, a pub, and a shop.
- Bantham Beach is a popular spot for surfers, with waves that are perfect for beginners and experienced surfers alike.
- The beach is also a great place for walkers, with many walks to and from Bantham Beach via the South West Coast Path.
- The river Avon can be crossed via a seasonal pedestrian ferry, which is popular with walkers on the South West Coast Path as it avoids the need to walk around the Avon estuary.
- Bantham Beach is a dog-friendly beach, but dogs are not allowed on the beach between 1st May and 30th September.
- The beach is surrounded by a beautiful village, which is tightly managed by the Evans family.
- Bantham Beach has been referenced in popular culture, including in the G.E.M. song released in 2015 called "Train To Bantham".
Overall, Bantham Beach is a must-visit destination for anyone looking for a beautiful beach with stunning scenery, great surf, and plenty of opportunities for walking and exploring.
Distance from Exeter Lodge: ~39 miles